HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
Bananas Boost Sex Drive
Bananas contains bromelain, an enzyme that may increase sex drive and reverse impotence in men (bromelain is also found in pineapple). Bananas are high in potassium and riboflavin, which increase the body’s energy levels, so that makes them a great snack to eat before a “workout.”
In addition, bananas are great for anyone who gets pre-date butterflies because they help relax the nervous system. With all of these great benefits, it’s no wonder monkeys are so obsessed with them.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Bananas
BEAUTY BENEFITS OF BANANAS & BANANA PEELS
Here are some of the beauty benefits of bananas and banana peels.
1. Skin Moisturizer
Does your skin feel flaky and rough? Does your moisturizer leave your face so oily you could fry an egg on it? A good ol’ banana is the answer to your woes. Rich in potassium and vitamin B, a banana face pack can do wonders for your irritated skin, leaving it soft and supple.
Banana Face Mask:
- Mash a banana in a bowl.
- Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Splash some cold water on your face to close the pores as well as retain the moisture, then pat dry.
- Use this face mask daily.
2. Anti-Blemish Agent
Bananas may well be known as the ultimate skin-protector, owing to their vitamin E content that boosts the skin’s ability to combat harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, fights against free radical damage and reduces wrinkles.
The vitamin A in bananas also considerably helps reduce blemishes and spots.
Banana, Honey and Lemon Juice Face Mask:
- Mash a banana in a bowl.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the mask on the blemish-ridden areas of your face.
While honey contains properties that kill pimple-causing bacteria and brightens skin-tone, citric-laden lemon juice fixes discoloration and reduces spots.
Banana Peel Face Rub:
- Cut banana peels into strips and rub the inside of the peels on the affected areas in a circular motion.
- Do this 3 or 4 times daily.
Banana peels have antioxidants, potassium and vitamin C that will work their magic to stop itching and inflammation as well as make spots disappear.
3. Anti-Aging Agent
While nothing substitutes for a healthy lifestyle and copious amounts of sunscreen to combat weather-beaten, old, wrinkly skin, a natural facial mask every now and then builds on the benefits of these primary, skin-protecting practices and helps maintain the skin’s elasticity. A banana mask has high levels of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. The vitamins A, B, E and F (essential fatty acids) in bananas, along with the zinc, iron, potassium, magnesium and iodine, work wonders on delicate facial skin. It protects against free radicals that damage the skin and trigger premature aging.
Banana, Honey and Oat Flour Face Mask:
- Mix 1 ripe banana with 1 tablespoon each of organic honey and oat flour.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and mix well. If the consistency appears too thick, add a little water.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat dry.
- Use this mask 3 times a week to achieve younger-looking skin.
4. Deep-Conditioning/Hair-Strengthening Agent
As it does for the skin, the minerals and vitamins found in bananas also help the hair regain its sheen, gloss and moisture. In addition, it can help soothe an itchy scalp and provide comfort and nourishment to the hair roots.
The high water content in bananas makes it the ultimate hydrator. The potassium strengthens the roots of the hair and repairs damage by maintaining the elasticity and reducing breakage. Furthermore, the vitamins, zinc and iron battle frizz.
Banana, Coconut Milk, Olive Oil and Honey Hair Mask:
- Cut a ripe banana into pieces and put them in a blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons each of coconut milk, olive oil and honey.
- Blend the contents until no chunks remain.
- Apply the mask on your hair and leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
5. Solution to Lackluster Locks
We have all heard of the miraculous conditioning properties of bananas, but seldom do we hear about their ability to add shine to dull and lifeless hair. This wonder-fruit never ceases to surprise with its abundance of benefits and natural attributes.
Banana, Egg-White and Olive Oil Hair Mask:
- Put 1 banana, 1 egg white and ¼ cup of olive oil in a blender.
- Blend the contents to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it out with a mild shampoo and apply a conditioner for stunning results.
6. Treatment for Cracked Heels
One could argue that, for many people, beautiful feet are next in line to a beautiful face. While feet were once neglected when it came to beauty treatments, foot-care procedures have become increasingly popular.
Many of us are doomed with cracked heels, which come fast but go slowly! However, the pulp of 2 to 3 bananas, when applied to cracked soles, helps heal them quickly and deeply. So pulp your way to softer heels today and forget about wasting thousands in the beauty parlor!
7. Puffy Eye Treatment
Not only the fruit, but even its peel, has innumerable benefits for the skin and eyes. There are white fibers on the inside of a banana peel that are known to reduce eye-puffiness, and the potassium content in the banana fruit helps eliminate extraneous salt in the body that causes fluid retention and, consequently, puffiness.
Banana Peel and Aloe Vera Gel Routine:
- Scrape off the fibers from the banana peel.
- Mix them with some aloe-vera gel.
- Apply the mixture all around your eyes and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
8. Teeth Whitener
It sure looks like the mighty fruit caters to the beauty needs of every inch of the body! Instead of buying expensive teeth-whitening products, simply cut off a tiny piece of a banana peel and rub it against your teeth twice daily to make your teeth shine brighter and whiter in a few days’ time!